Step One—Download WordPress:
- Download the latest stable release(wordpress-4.1.1.zip) of WordPress from the official site. Unzip/extract it to an appropriate location.
- Copy paste the extracted “wordpress” directory to /var/www.
- Turn on the Apache server and try accessing the URL:http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/setup-config.php
Step Two—Create the WordPress Database and User:
- We would realize that before proceeding with the installation, we would need to create a database, a database user and grant him/her all privileges for that database.
a) Connect to MySQL as root:
mysql -h localhost -u root -ppassword
b) Create a database for WordPress: CREATE DATABASE wpbase;
c) Create user: CREATE USER ‘wp-admin_rubiamk’@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘d$7hF_r!9Y’;
d) Grant all privileges to user: GRANT ALL ON wpbase.* TO ‘wp-admin_rubiamk’@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘d$7hF_r!9Y’;
Step Three—Setup the WordPress Configuration:
- Browse to the wordpress directory and copy the sample WordPress configuration file into a new file which we will edit, creating a new usable wordpress config.
cp wp-config-sample.php wp-config.php
- Open wp-config.php and setup the database, username and password there.
Step Five—Run WordPress Installation
- Provide Site Title, Username, Password, E-mail and click “Install WordPress“.